- What: To prepare audiences for its August production of Patrick Barlow’s comic stage adaptation of the 1935 thriller, LTM will present a screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s black and white film The 39 Steps.
- When: Friday, August 4, 2017, 7 PM
- Where: Cheney Hall, 177 Hartford Rd, Manchester, CT
- Cost: Free and open to the public, but reservations are required. Beverages and popcorn will be available for purchase.
- Reservations Required: www.cheneyhall.org/tickets or 860-647-9824
Alfred Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps Film
The 39 Steps is a 1935 British film directed by Alfred Hitchcock, starring Robert Donat and Madeleine Carroll. Based on the 1915 adventure novel The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan, the film is about a civilian in London, Richard Hannay, who becomes caught up in preventing an organization of spies called the 39 Steps from stealing British military secrets. After being mistakenly accused of the murder of a counter-espionage agent, Hannay goes on the run to Scotland with an attractive woman in the hopes of stopping the spy ring and clearing his name.
Patrick Barlow’s The 39 Steps Play
A high-speed spoof of Alfred Hitchcock’s classic spy movie, this comedy is packed with nonstop laughs, over 150 zany characters (played by only a handful of actors), an on-stage plane crash, and some good old-fashioned romance! This madcap story follows Richard as he races to solve the mystery of an espionage organization called “The 39 Steps,” all while trying to clear his name. A fast-paced whodunit for anyone age 9 to 99 who LOVES the magic of theater! LTM’s production of Barlow’s The 39 Steps runs August 11-13, 18-20, and 25-27 at Cheney Hall, 177 Hartford Rd, Manchester. Friday and Saturday evening performances will be held at 8:00 pm and Sunday matinees will be at 2:00 pm. Tickets are $19-$25 with discounts available for both seniors and students.