Cheney Hall is the perfect spot for your family or business event.
The elegant architecture of the Cheney Hall's Auditorium makes it a favorite for weddings, banquets, expos and annual meetings.
The “Auditorium” refers to the historic performance and event space (with a flat maple floor) that is approximately 62’ long by 44’ wide. The Auditorium’s capacity for theatre seating is 300 and for banquet seating is approximately 200.
The upholstered theatre seats are not available for rental events in which food or beverages are served and/or consumed in the Auditorium.
The Silk Room, also know as the meeting room, has recently been renovated with soft hues of tan and cranberry. The room is flexible for use in a variety of ways, and bridal and baby showers, birthday parties and business workshops are perfectly served in this smaller space, with direct access to the kitchen and bathrooms.
The Silk Room has a tile floor and dimensions of approximately 40’ by 35’ with a capacity for theatre seating of approximately 125 and for business meetings approximately 75.
Additional Rental Spaces
- The Kitchen contains a large refrigerator/freezer, double sink and an electric stove. Cheney Hall has a food service permit.
- The Green Room is available for meetings of no more than ten (10) persons.
- The Dressing Room is a ballet-style divided dressing room with mirrors and lights. It contains a private bathroom.
- The auditorium is equipped with a large screen and projector at an additional rental fee.
- Renters are required to make their own arrangements with caterers and table and linen rental services.
- For events that will include alcohol, renters or their caterers must provide a certificate of liquor liability insurance, excluding the Town of Manchester, Little Theatre of Manchester and the Cheney Hall Foundation from alcohol-related claims.